Manchester United vs West Ham FA Cup Live Football Score 9 Fab 2021
Manchester United and West Ham United will lock horns at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening with a place in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup on offer to both teams.
The Red Devils have beaten Watford and Liverpool to progress to the fifth round of the competition, while West Ham have overcome Stockport County and Doncaster Rovers to advance to this stage.Man United looked on course to be securing another three Premier League points against Everton on Saturday when they took a 2-0 lead into the half-time interval. The Toffees answered back early in the second half to level the scores at 2-2, but Scott McTominay’s 70th-minute header sent the home side back ahead.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team could not hold on in the final moments, though, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s 95th-minute leveller meaning that the points were shared in a 3-3 draw as the 20-time English champions dropped two valuable points in their pursuit of division leaders Manchester City.Man United are currently second in the table, two points off the summit, but Pep Guardiola’s side have two games in hand and will have the chance to extend their advantage against Liverpool on Sunday afternoon.
Solskjaer’s side will now switch their attention to the FA Cup, where they beat Watford in the third round before recording a 3-2 home victory over Liverpool towards the end of January. The Manchester giants are the second-most successful team in this competition behind Arsenal, lifting the trophy on 12 occasions, but they have not triumphed since overcoming Crystal Palace in the 2016 final. Man United, who suffered a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea in last season’s semi-finals, are entering a busy period of the season as they will face West Bromwich Albion in their next Premier League game on February 14 before taking on Real Sociedad twice in the Europa League either side of a clash with Newcastle United in the league.
- Manchester United have progressed from their last three FA Cup ties with West Ham, with the most recent one coming in the 2015-16 quarter-final.
- West Ham are winless in their last 15 away games against Manchester United in all competitions (D4 L11), since winning 1-0 in the Premier League in May 2007.
- Manchester United have won their last eight home games in the FA Cup – they last had a longer run between January 1908 and February 1912 (nine).
- West Ham haven’t won any of their last eight away FA Cup games against Premier League opponents (D3 L5), since beating Man City 2-1 in March 2006 en route to reaching the final.
- Man Utd’s Anthony Martial has been involved in nine goals in 10 appearances against West Ham in all competitions (six goals, three assists). However, he has not found the net in any of his last four against the Hammers.
- West Ham are looking to keep three consecutive clean sheets in the FA Cup for the first time since the 1993-94 campaign.
FA Cup 2020/21 – key dates and draw
The FA Cup schedule has been confirmed, with the final set to take place at Wembley on Saturday May 15.
There will be no replays this season to help ease fixture congestion.
- Fifth round: February 9-11
- Quarter-finals: Saturday March 20
- Semi-finals: Saturday April 17
- Final: Saturday May 15