Liverpool vs RB Leipzig Champions League Live Football Score 16 Feb 2021
Liverpool could be without Fabinho once again as they seek a boost in the Champions League.
- Liverpool were considered favourites when this tie was originally drawn but so much has changed since then that many will now fancy Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.
- Leipzig have only lost one home game all season but this match will be played at a neutral venue in Budapest, Hungary due to travel restrictions in Germany.
- Liverpool have plunged further into crisis after a third straight loss and fifth defeat in seven games. The manner of their collapse against Leicester, after playing pretty well, was alarming.
Ozan Kabak was involved in a mix-up with Alisson against the Foxes but Klopp could utilise his Bundesliga knowledge alongside Jordan Henderson if Fabinho fails to make it.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed Naby Keita has returned to training having been sidelined since before Christmas, but the Guinean midfielder will not be ready for the trip to Budapest – where the game is being played due to coronavirus – to take on his former club.
RB Leipzig will be without Emil Forsberg, Konrad Laimer and Dominik Szoboszlai for the last-16 first-leg tie.
- Liverpool target Ibrahima Konate returned from injury in RB Leipzig’s 2-1 win over Augsburg at the weekend. Another Liverpool target, Dayot Upamecano, has decided to join Bayern Munich this summer.
- Justin Kluivert was fit enough for a place on the bench at the weekend, but Emil Forsberg missed out and remains a doubt here. January arrival Dominik Szoboszlai is still on the mend, with Konrad Laimer and Benjamin Henrichs also injury concerns.
- Peter Gulacsi spent five years at Liverpool without ever making a first-team appearance but will get the chance to face his old club here.
- Yussuf Poulsen or Alexander Sorloth will partner Christopher Nkunku up front against Liverpool.
- Neither James Milner nor Fabinho trained on Monday and look set to miss out here. The latter would be a massive miss for Liverpool.
- Ozan Kabak should therefore retain his place in the side despite an error on debut against Leicester, though fellow deadline day arrival Ben Davies is an option.
- Naby Keita is back in training but Jurgen Klopp has confirmed the former RB Leipzig midfielder will not travel to face his former club.