Liverpool vs Manchester City Premier League Live Football Score 7 Fab 2021
Liverpool 0-1 Brighton (February 3): Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Thiago, Firmino, Shaqiri, Salah.
Burnley 0-2 Manchester City (February 3): Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Gundogan, Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus.
Analysing Liverpool’s strengths is a stark reminder not to rule them out. Their form had fallen off a cliff, but they did not win Europe’s elite competition and the domestic crown in the space of a year without resilience.Ending their seven-hour run without a league goal last week – with under-fire Trent Alexander-Arnold and Roberto Firmino among the scorers – appeared to be a pivotal moment, but City’s form suggests Liverpool cannot afford more blips.
Expected goals data suggests Klopp’s side have underperformed and results could well ‘regress to the mean’. Indeed, the signs are certainly positive.Liverpool have topped the table for a league-high 34 days this term and rank top for expected goals, goals from set-pieces, possession won in the attacking and middle thirds and crosses.
- Liverpool have gone 17 top-flight games unbeaten against Manchester City at Anfield (W12, D5), with their solitary home defeat in the past 29 meetings coming in May 2003.
- City’s 17-match winless streak at Liverpool is their longest in the Premier League away to any opponent.
- They are also without a victory in all 14 of their previous league matches at Anfield when Liverpool have been the reigning champions, losing 10 times.
- The only away win in the past 24 league meetings between these sides was Liverpool’s 4-1 victory at the Etihad Stadium in November 2015.
- Liverpool are in danger of losing three consecutive league games at Anfield, a sequence they last recorded in 1963.
- The Reds could also fail to score in four consecutive top-flight home matches for the first time in their history.
- They are the only Premier League side without a home goal in 2021 and have gone 348 minutes – just under six hours – without scoring at Anfield.
- Jurgen Klopp’s team have lost four of their 22 league fixtures this season, as many as in the previous two campaigns combined.
- The Merseysiders had just one shot on target against Brighton, their lowest total in a home league game since April 2017.
- A 14th consecutive win in all competitions would equal the record by a top-flight English club, set by Preston in 1892 and matched by Arsenal in 1987.
- They could also keep a club record seventh Premier League clean sheet in a row.
- Goalkeeper Ederson has gone 768 minutes without conceding a league goal, and has more clean sheets (13) than goals conceded (12) in the top flight this season.
- Manchester City have conceded just once in the 11 league matches Ruben Dias and John Stones have started together (W10, D1), with that goal a late consolation for Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi in a 3-1 win at Stamford Bridge.
- Raheem Sterling is without a goal in all six of his appearances for City at Anfield, last scoring there on 13 April 2015 whilst a Liverpool player.