Liverpool vs Sheffield United Premier League Live Football Score 28 Feb 2021
Jayden Bogle and Chris Basham are the latest Sheffield United players to suffer injuries.
The pair have been ruled out for the next few weeks and join John Egan, Jack O’Connell, Sander Berge, Jack Robinson and Lys Mousset on the sidelines.
Fit-again forward Diogo Jota could be involved, while Fabinho and James Milner return to training on Saturday,A decision on goalkeeper Alisson’s availability is yet to be made after his father passed away earlier this week.
Liverpool have been all over the place recently and deserved to lose against Everton but Sheffield United present an open goal for Jürgen Klopp’s side to get back on track. Injuries are mounting for Chris Wilder much like the pressure of relegation as the drop looms ever larger. United will hope to exploit Liverpool’s patchwork defence but as the cliche states: attack is the best form of defence. Ping it up to Mohamed Salah and let him take care of Phil Jagielka. A possible victory of sorts over Everton as the former Blue is unlikely to still have the legs to hold off Liverpool’s athletic attacking unit. Graham Searles
- Liverpool have won the last four Premier League meetings.
- The Blades could lose successive top-flight home games to Liverpool for the first time since 1920-21 and 1921-22.
- Sheffield United have not beaten the Reds in the Premier League since a 2-1 victory at Anfield in April 1994.
- Sheffield United are the first club in English top-flight history to lose 20 of their opening 25 league games.
- Fourteen of those 20 losses have been by a single-goal margin.
- They have already equalled their Premier League club record from 2006-07 for the most defeats in a single campaign.
- Chris Wilder’s side have been beaten in nine of 10 fixtures against the current top six this term, winning the other.
- The Blades have kept one league clean sheet this season.
- All seven of David McGoldrick’s career Premier League goals have been scored against the established top-six clubs.
- Billy Sharp has scored in five of his past seven home appearances in all competitions.
- Liverpool are in danger of losing five successive top-flight league matches for the first time since September 1953.
- They have lost six Premier League games in 2021, already one more than in 2019 and 2020 combined.
- Jurgen Klopp’s side are without a clean sheet in seven away matches and have conceded 13 goals in the process.
- The Reds have conceded 34 goals this term, one more than in the entirety of last season’s title-winning campaign.
- They have scored just one first-half goal in their past 10 league fixtures.
- Liverpool are two short of 7,000 top-flight goals, with only city rivals Everton achieving that feat.
- Mohamed Salah has scored seven goals in his last six away appearances in all competitions.