Chelsea vs Southampton Premier League Live Football Score 20 Fab 2021
Southampton will be without Kyle Walker-Peters for the visit of Chelsea on Saturday afternoon.
Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters is expected to miss the rest of the month because of a hamstring injury he sustained last weekend.
He joins Theo Walcott and Ibrahima Diallo on the sidelines.
- Chelsea are on a run of five successive Premier League victories away to Southampton.
- Saints have won only one of the past 11 meetings in all competitions, drawing two and losing eight.
- Southampton have lost six consecutive league matches for the first time in their history.
- Saints have conceded 20 goals in their seven Premier League fixtures this year, having let in just 19 in their 16 matches in 2020.
- They have dropped a league-high 16 points from winning positions this season.
- Danny Ings is one of only four players to score 30 Premier League goals since the start of last season.
- Oriol Romeu’s next Premier League appearance will be his 200th in the competition.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their six matches in all competitions since Thomas Tuchel took over, winning five of them and conceding just once.
- Tuchel could become the first Chelsea head coach since Carlo Ancelotti in 2009 to win his first three Premier League away games.
- Only Manchester City and Aston Villa have kept more league clean sheets than Chelsea’s 11 this season.
- Their 87% passing accuracy is the highest in the top flight.
- Timo Werner has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other Chelsea player this season, with five goals and five assists.
Thomas Tuchel has made an excellent start as Chelsea head coach. He has put together a nice little run of five straight wins in all competitions and he has done it by, first and foremost, making them difficult to play against.
With six successive league defeats, Southampton are at the opposite end of the form table. They have not turned into a bad side, but they will be short of confidence and it is hard to see them ending that run this weekend.
Chelsea will face Southampton at St Mary’s Stadium on Saturday, with Tammy Abraham back in the running to feature in the Premier League clash. Brazil defender Thiago Silva will miss Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off clash despite being back in training as he continues his recovery from a thigh issue.