Chelsea vs Fulham Premier League LIVE Football Match Score 1 May 2021
Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic remains sidelined with a hamstring injury, while defender Antonio Rudiger misses out with a minor knock.
Head coach Thomas Tuchel is expected to rotate his squad ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League semi-final second leg with Real Madrid.
Fulham full-back Kenny Tete could be available, a fortnight after he tested positive for Covid-19.
Loanee Ruben Loftus-Cheek is ineligible to face his parent club.
Chelsea are targeting a first home league win in three games.
Since Thomas Tuchel’s first Premier League game in January, only Manchester City (36) have won more points in the competition than Chelsea (29).
Our clean sheet at West Ham was our 10th in our 14th Premier League match under Tuchel, equalling the quickest a manager has recorded 10 clean sheets in Premier
Last home league meeting
CHELSEA 2 FULHAM 0
Premier League, Stamford Bridge, 02.12.18, 12 noon
Chelsea (4-3-3): Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta (c), Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso (Zappacosta 78); Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic (Loftus-Cheek 66); Pedro, Giroud (Morata 70), Hazard
Unused subs Caballero, Christensen, Fabregas, Willian
Booked Azpilicueta 68, Morata 83
Scorers Pedro 4, Loftus-Cheek 82
Head coach Maurizio Sarri
Fulham (4-3-1-2): Rico; Christie, Odoi, Mawson, Le Marchand; Chambers, Seri, Johansen (Ayite h/t); Cairney (c) (Kebano 75); R Sessegnon (Kamara h/t), Mitrovic
Unused subs Bettinelli, Ream, Bryan, Cisse
Booked Odoi 54
Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 18 home games with Fulham in all competitions since a second tier defeat in October 1979 (W10, D8).
- Fulham’s solitary victory in the past 39 meetings was by 1-0 in the Premier League at Craven Cottage in March 2006 (D14, L24).
- Chelsea have lost just one of their 14 Premier League games under Thomas Tuchel, which was a home thrashing by West Bromwich Albion (W8, D5).
- Tuchel has amassed 29 points in those 14 matches, the same total Frank Lampard managed in 19 league fixtures this season before he was sacked.
- The Blues boast the best record in London derbies this season, winning six of eight and only losing once.
- Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has kept 15 clean sheets in 27 Premier League appearances, second only to Ederson’s 17 shut outs this season.
- Fulham haven’t won a top-flight London derby in 23 attempts since beating West Ham 2-1 in January 2014 (D5, L18).
- The Cottagers have taken just one point from five games since their 1-0 victory over Liverpool in March.
- They’ve also dropped 13 points from winning positions in away fixtures this season, the worst record in the division.
- Scott Parker’s first game in charge of Fulham was a 2-1 defeat by Chelsea at Craven Cottage in March 2019.