Barcelona vs Sevilla La Liga Live Football Score 27 Feb 2021
- Sevilla have won their last six La Liga matches, only stumbling outside of domestic competitions. The hosts have kept eight clean sheets out of their last possible nine, including one against Barcelona in a 2-0 Copa del Rey win.
- Barcelona have won just two of their last five games, one of which took the form of a disastrous away trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan and a heavy defeat at home to Paris Saint-Germain.
Following a comfortable victory over Elche to get back to winning ways in La Liga, Barcelona are back in action for another huge league game, this time at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán against Sevilla. This is a third versus fourth battle, and as much as we’d all hope to see Barça fighting for the title the truth is they must focus on guaranteeing Champions League football for next season. Being in the Top 3 without trouble is key, and if they beat Sevilla away they’ll open up a five-point gap to their rivals and take a big step towards finishing at least third.
But it obviously won’t be easy. Sevilla away is always a tough game for any La Liga team, and this has been a really good season for them under Julen Lopetegui. These are the two hottest teams in the league: with Sevilla having won their last six in Barça coming in on a 14-game unbeaten streak with eight wins in their last nine.
These teams faced off earlier in February in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final, and Sevilla cruised to a 2-0 win at the Pizjuán in what was a very flat performance from Barça. The second leg takes place next week, so these two will face off twice in four days. Barça’s best shot at a trophy is the Cup so they will no doubt be looking ahead to Wednesday, and winning this one will be a big confidence boost ahead of that game.
Sevilla are healthy and confident and have a really good defense, but Barça have played well enough in the league since the start of 2021 to give us hope for a good performance and three big points. They haven’t played well in any big game this season, and two giant ones against the same tough opponent are ahead.
Barcelona (4-3-3): Ter Stegen; Dest, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba; De Jong, Busquets, Pedri; Dembélé, Messi, Griezmann
Sevilla (4-3-3): Bounou; Navas, Koundé, Carlos, Escudero; Rakitic, Fernando, Jordán; Munir, En-Nesyri, Gómez
Sevilla away is never not brutal, but I see Barça responding to that Copa loss to keep the run going: 2-1 to the good guys.
- Sevilla have got no new injury or selection concerns heading into a big game for their top three aspirations.
- Papu Gomez is expected to get the start on the left-hand side of attack for the hosts, despite Munir’s decent recent form.
- Suso should be fit after a minor injury problem and will start on the right wing, while Youssef En-Nesyri will be preferred to Luuk de Jong up front.
- Ronald Araujo is still a doubt with an ankle problem for Barcelona, so Clement Lenglet and Gerard Pique should continue at centre-back.
- Sergio Busquets should rotate back in at the base of midfield, with Sergino Dest coming back in for Oscar Mingueza at right-back.
- Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele should start out wide in place of Martin Braithwaite and Trincao.